Monday, January 12, 2009

Bidding farewell to a good friend


Tonight was a sad night at the Matthews . . . we ate the last can of Beef Chunks for dinner. For many, you may think this is silly -but only because you haven't had the pleasure of tasting the divine chunks of beef that they are! I've been told that the church will no longer be selling the beef chunks that you bottle at the cannery. How very unfortunate. For this reason I blog tonight with sadness in my heart and a tear in my eye. So long beef chunks, you've brought us much nutrition and taste. We'll always remember you and you'll always hold a special place in our family's hearts!

4 comments:

  1. Say what?! Those chunks are divine! It can't be true....I too shall shed a tear. :) Do you have any idea why they aren't selling them anymore. Sadness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiple tears! I thought about making some beef chunks today but I thought, "No! I must savor them." So I made Hawaiian Haystacks instead! RIP to beef chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I propose a moment of silence for our dear friends.

    So long beef chunks...May we only remember the good times. You were the best fajitas I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...I didn't know you had a blog until I happened upon it tonight! YEAH!! I love reading about you guys. Maybe I will be better at keeping in touch now...or maybe wait and see considering my blog isnt updated since september. You are my motivation!!

    ReplyDelete