Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time flies by

I'm having a "moment" this afternoon.  We all have them from time to time....when you just can't believe how your kids grew up right before your eyes.  I don't recall giving them permission to do that.  Why can't they stay my babies forever?

I got these pictures developed on Saturday and was so excited and pleased to see that they turned out so well.  After church today I went downstairs to do the annual "changing of the pictures" routine.  I usually just stick the new picture in and leave the older pictures in as well.
So I sat and looked through them.
From tiny newborn babies, to toddlers with pudgy cheeks, to grade schoolers who've left all their baby fat behind and blossomed into beautiful individuals.  

What?! 

Oh my.

I can't take it.

My throat formed a big lump and tears gathered in my eyes as I sat and looked at my beautiful children.  I think of who they've become and how proud I am of each of them.  They are all so different and unique. What a blessing it is to be their mother!

 Meagan, 4th grade, 10 years old (in 2 days)

 Lindsay, 3rd grade, 8 years old

 Tanner, preschool, 4 1/2 years old

Ellie, 2 years old

 Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.....and give your babies a kiss!

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous Jamie,what cute kids you have. I agree that they grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet post. :) I have those moments too, just like all moms do and they are always bitter sweet aren't they? Your kids turned out so great in part of you and Brad being such great parents! They really are such GOOD kids and you should be proud! I feel blessed to be their Auntie. The pictures are darling! What beautiful "babies" you have. :) I miss them dearly! Hug them extra tight for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so beautiful! I can't believe your Meagan is 10 years old...that time flew by. I remember seeing her as a newborn at USU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pictures. They are so sweet of each of them but each of their personalities shine through. Super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your blog again! Your kids are so beautiful! (No surprise because you're so beautiful :)...) I miss seeing you guys! That picture of Tanner sleeping with his football is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos... But I hate to tell you that even at my age and my KIDS ages, I still get a lump in my throat when I think about them all grown up and gone. AND it makes me feel OLD! Give your kids a kiss on the check every opportunity you have. jan

    ReplyDelete