Wednesday, September 15, 2010

preschool, soccer, and a kitty

My handsome boy is going to school!  Tanner loves his Teacher Nancy!








It's not very often that we get a rainbow in the morning before school starts.  It was only there for a few minutes, and we were lucky to capture it.

* * *

My sister Aimee and her husband Brennen stayed over in SLC last weekend and we got to watch Kaylee!  The kids had so much fun and Kaylee was sooo good!  She'd get so excited with each new toy the kids brought her. When she walked into Tanner's room, she started walking in one direction towards a toy, then stop and look somewhere else, and then walk in that direction.....too many things to choose from!  It was funny.  I think her favorite was the kitchen.



Funny little Kaylee and her sweet attatchment to her toys.......bath toys are no exception.  She held onto those the entire time we were in the bath!



Bath buddies....kinda.  Two very different personalities.  Ellie: very noisy and a splash king!  Kaylee: dainty and content to sit and hold her toys.  After a few minutes Ellie said (in a very grown up way), "I not sit by Kay-yee."   oh dear. :)


* * *

Tanner's first soccer game!
He has been anxiously awaiting this day.  He had his uniform, shin guards, and shoes set out the night before.  In the morning he was a little upset when I put his socks OVER his shin guards.....until the girls told him that's the way they were supposed to be.  (Am I already old enough to have my opinion not matter?!)

He had a huge perma-grin plastered across his face the entire game.  And he giggled up and down the field with pure happiness!



And apparently at this age, it's every man for himself.....there is no teamwork.....just boys wanting to kick the ball.  Brad and I laughed so hard!

Kaylee was with us and between the early morning soccer game and bright sunshine; she just couldn't last.  At first she used the baby doll to shade her face......then she just gave in:

* * *
This morning I came outside to check on the kids and this is what I found:
Tanner grinning, and Ellie trying to hide...
then deciding it's not worth it to hide.....just be honest about the fact that they're playing in Daddy's car.....with the neighbors kitty!


oh, those two!!!!

5 comments:

  1. what cute pics. I LOVE Tanners big smile while he was playing soccer. And Lexi did that in my van with the neighbors little dog. Silly kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goof balls those two--Tanner and Ellie that is. I love those big grins of them in the car. Looks like the kitty had fun too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Tanner is getting so tall and skinny! I think he looks just like Meagan in that second picture. What a cutie he is and his little smile just melts my heart. Mom told me about his soccer game, it made me laugh. lol those picture are too funny. :) I'm glad Kaylee and Ellie had such a fun time! They really are so different aren't they?! Both adorable though! And I love that Ellie was trying to hide from you, that poor cat looks like he's worn out lol! What a bunch of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,
    It was good to see you too! Glad we got to talk and that I can stalk your blog now! :) You're family is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! School, games, donuts, and cute fun kids! jan

    ReplyDelete