Sunday, September 5, 2010

Go Cougs!

We have been anticipating this day for a month! BYU vs. Washington, September 4, 2010, 5pm, opening day of the 2010 football season at LaVell Edwards Stadium! 


Let me back up a few years. WE LOVE BYU! Always have, always will. I grew up going to BYU games every Saturday with my parents, my brother, and our neighbors, the Davis', and two of their kids, usually Nate and Spencer. We had some pretty great times! I remember our car rides on the way to the ball game: writing notes and holding them up to the window for the car next to us, getting other BYU game-goers to honk their horns for us, typical kid stuff. Our parents seats were on the east side, and our seats (the "kids") were on the west side...no parental supervision for 3 hours.....we may or may not have gotten into trouble a time or two. Like the time our neighbor may or may not have accidentally dropped a full bottle of Coke over the top, just to see where it landed. I still remember (hypothetically of course) watching the oranged-shirt Event Staff running around and looking for "those obviously naughty, and ill-mannered kids". Ah, those were the good ol' days. But I digress. Back to the here and now.   



Here we are......in all our Cougar Blue glory!

My cousin Tristan lives in Provo and comes to all the games with her friends.  She sat and visited with us during the 3rd quarter.  Thanks for stopping by Tristan!  We love you!

Lindsay and Meagan before the game looking out over the top.


Brad's parents.....and loyal BYU fans too.  (C'mon, did you really think I'd marry anyone who didn't bleed cougar blue too?)

My awesome dad and gorgeous sister Aimee

Aimee, Kaylee, and Brennen

Becoming one with the nacho cheese.....

Fun halftime show:  Previous All-American quarterbacks from BYU were there to present the new Quarterback Scholarship Program along with LaVell Edwards himself.  We saw (but didn't get a picture of....what was I thinking?!!!!) Gifford Nielsen, Virgil Carter, Marc Wilson, Steve Sarkisian (currently Washington's head coach), Robbie Bosco, Jim McMahon, Steve Young, and Ty Detmer. It was very cool.  I guess the only thing that would've totally topped it off for me was to have The Ty Detmer Rap performed.  Now that was a cool song. Yeah, I know, I'm a nerd.

Brad with his game-face on! 

How have I never known about the "Cougar Tails?"  Oh my, delicious!  Basically a 2 foot long maple bar.  Heaven!  Thanks Aim for sharing!

Kaylee was inseparable with her new friends: pig and horse. :)


My little man (and major Daddy's boy) Tanner!  Before the game started, we walked over to the bookstore for a looksie and found this football for Tanner.  The best $9 we've ever spent!  He was in heaven the entire walk back to the stadium. He wouldn't put his football down for anything...not during the football game, and not even when we got back home and went to bed....

What a fun day!

And it sure didn't hurt that BYU won!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you guys the whole day! What a game to go too! It looked packed! Go Cougs!

    I loved reminiscing with you about the good ol' days at Cougar Stadium. What fun memories! Too bad they never had Cougar Tails back then...what?! Yum!

    Loved all the pictures, your fam is so darling! I seriously need a BYU shirt, I feel left out. :) And how cute was Tanner falling asleep with his football?! $9 well spent!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom picture is too sweet. $9 well spent for sure.

    We had so much fun so thanks for the invite to enjoy the festivities. We'll have to make it a yearly tradition. I'm sure Baby girl Fuller will LOVE BYU games at 8-9 months right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SAW TY?! sigh and *tear. I still hold that memory at the top of my heart . . .
    I happen to know what happens when you marry someone who's NOT a cougar fan. You have to bleed blue in the closet. It's really not that fun. I like your way better ;)
    And the pic of your little guy hugging his football? Priceless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know I still have the tape with the Ty Detmer Cougar Rap. I still randomly listen to it and dream of Ty Detmer-I do have my picture with him :) I bleed blue through and through, and I also made sure to marry a cougar fan-my family would have disowned me if I married a Ute :) Love the post! I need to go to a game, it has been years!

    ReplyDelete