Thursday, August 26, 2010

And so it goes

Back to school. Again. The girls were so excited and could hardly wait to leave the house. Meagan had a hard time getting to sleep the night before; I think it was 11:00 before she finally fell asleep! Meagan wanted to ride the bus with her friends the first day, but Lindsay wanted me to take her (thanks Linds).

The traditional "sit on the front step, first day of school" picture
Meagan, 4th grade


See how antsy she's getting with my picture taking....she's actually looking over at her friends at the bus stop.


....Lindsay, not as antsy, had time to pose :)
* * *
While walking Lindsay to her first day of 3rd grade, I let Tanner and Ellie wear their new shoes too. Tanner LOVES his new shoes. He even stopped random people in the hall to show them his new shoes.....true story.

* * *
Today, Day 2 of school for the girls, and Tanner is having a tough time with waiting 2 more weeks until his preschool starts. We made a paper chain this morning to hopefully help with the 20 times a day, "Is preschool today Mom?" I'm glad he's so excited.

The kids watched Minute to Win It last night.....this is Tanner's made up version. I found him and Ellie playing it this morning. He even does the countdown. Funny.



Happy Back to School to ya'll!

6 comments:

  1. I love your kids! I LOVE your kids! I LOVE YOUR KIDS!! Each picture captured their true self. There outfits were perfect (Linds leggins with the pose was fabulous!) This is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad they were super excited for school! I was smiling at Meagan's picture...glancing over at her friends. And Lindsay's cute "posed" picture. They both looked darling. Tanner makes me laugh and I can't wait for him to start preschool either. What a champ. What are you and Ellie going to do during the day?! :) Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look so cute! I love that story about Tanner and his shoes. He's so funny! I love Ellies hair in that picture too! She's adorable! Glad all is well for you guys. Your kids are growing up really fast, especially when we only see them once or twice a year. I am excited to move back closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were soo fast to get your pics on...I love how excited meagan was and Lindsey is so cute!!! My kids just started today...crazy how fast summer went, huh!! Lexi started K today so now it is just me and Ellee at home. It is so quiet and we miss the kids. But I did get all my laundry done and put away which hasn't happened all summer :) Its fun to see your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both looked adorable! I just laughed at Meag's antsy picture and Linds' time to pose picture. Oh I heart those gals.
    Loved Ellie's jammies BTW. Those silky bottoms and cherries...heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are adorable! Here's to a great school year!

    ReplyDelete