Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Preschool

The day has finally arrived! Tanner has been looking forward to this day since the girls started school 2 weeks ago. Last night before bed, he kept telling the family that he gets to go to preschool in the morning. When he woke up, he had a big smile on his face and giggled, "I go to preschool today!" We got the girls out the door to get on the bus, and then it was all Tanner! Brushed his teeth, put on his shoes and socks, got the backpack, and then out the door for picture taking! He was so funny....as we were getting in the car, a biker rode past our house and Tanner waved and said, "Hi! I go to preschool!" Very friendly...and very excited!

My big boy!
Uh, yes...totally loves his backpack.



Finding his name sticker and peg for his backpack.

The first one there and being shy for the camera. Kinda funny because he wasn't shy at all when we walked in.
------
When I picked him up, they had been outside in the backyard so he came running around the side of the house and yelled, "Mommy!" He was so excited. It was a little hard getting him to tell me what they'd done, but I knew he'd had a great time with the smile he had all the way home! I did ask him lots of questions, and just got "Yes" answers......Did you have fun? "Yes". Did you meet new friends? "Yes". Did you read a story? "Yes." Did you sing songs? "Yes." Did you have a snack? "Yes. Grapes, and donuts, and pancakes".....all the while he is counting these on his fingers. Pretty sure they didn't have pancakes?! He wasn't too into doing his homework (we had to write his name, Mom's name, Dad's name, address, and phone number). I think he thought I was ruining his paper.
What a fun year this will be for him!

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I could just hear his little voice telling everyone about "I go to preschool today!" Oh man I miss that kid. Can't wait to hear all about it directly from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I wish I could have seen that cute little smile in person. How fun it's going to be for Tanner man this year! CUTE post! :) Love ya Tanner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading about it made me want to go to preschool and have grapes too! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little boy! You have such a cute family. I love your new driveway and patio! That will be so fun to use next summer! It was fun catching up with your family!

    ReplyDelete