Thursday, August 13, 2009

Christensen Family Olympics 2009

Family Reunions are the best. This year Aimee and Brennen were in charge and they chose an Olympic Theme. It was awesome...every detail was perfect! Our Olympic Village was a house on the hill in Draper. It was fantastic...6 bedrooms, lots of games, hot tub....so fun! The Opening Ceremonies for the Olypmics was held the first night...we even had a torch! Next, a family talent show. We are an amazing group of talented people! Skits, magic shows, dancing, singing, demonstrations! WOW. :) We also got to design our "country" flag and choose a name...we chose "Matthanada"...like Canada, but different. ;) The next day we visited Kennecott Copper Mine. It was so cool. It's hard to describe how huge it really is. Tanner LOVED the big trucks! That same afternoon, we held the Ladder Golf competition...Mom, a "first-timer", had amazing good beginner's luck and almost won the gold, but Brennen just beat her. The kids had a good time too...Congrats Josh! The next day we went to Boondocks. So much fun! The kids loved the boats that have water guns on them, and I loved the go carts! Oh yes, I had a fast fast car.....or maybe its just my amazing skills! Ha! I know I'm "editing" so much out of this post, but everything was awesome and super super fun! During closing ceremonies, everyone received a participation award and a gold medal! We're all winners in the Christensen Fam! All good things have to come to an end, but, we're looking forward to our next reunion! Woot Woot!

Oh Ellie, what a goof!

We had so much fun with these 3 little girlies! Each have their own personality and we love them to pieces! Rian, Kaylee, and Ellie.

Josh...on his dragon? I think. Or maybe it was his booby-trap. (That's what I said, booby-trap.) Just some good ol'fashioned Goonies humor!

Tanner and his best-buddy and sidekick...Spencer!

Lindsay and Dallin....connected at the hip for the entire reunion. It was fun to see these two get a long so well. They really had fun playing.

Cute little Ri

My handsome crew!

Happy 5th Anniversary guys!
Brennen, Aimee, and Kaylee

Love these kids!

Do you like our swimming pool?! It wasn't hot enough for a hot tub...just right for a pool. And the kids didn't care.

My cute sister, Cami, and her adorable Rian Joyce!

Ladder Golf participants! Way to go guys!

My dad, the Magician, and his amazing assistant, my mom! I wish I had a picture of everyone's talents, but of course, just when you think you've taken a picture of everything...you realize too late that you haven't.

Oh yes, they can dance!

The family chickens. What a talent!

Tyler, Dallin, and Suzanne putting on a skit.

Dallin's got some smmmooooth moves!

Who doesn't love Napolean Dynamite?! Gosh!

Cute pic of our Meags, but a fantastic shot of our family t-shirts. Each family had their own color and on the back it had the Olympic Theme: genos*heis*aion....which stands for family*unity*eternity. If you look closely, every member of the Christensen Family has their name in the tree....two claps for Brennen and Aimee, the host family this year. You guys did an amazing job!

What's not to love about Ellie Belle? This pic was taken at Boondocks...one of the activites we did. The kids (and adults too) had so much fun there!
Until next time, so long!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS post! Some of the highlights for me: Love Ri's self-picture. That curly hair. Cute pic of Linds and Dal. Cute pic of Ellie. GEESH! They are ALL ADORABLE! We just a have rockin' family. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. We had a lot of fun putting it all together. GENOS*HEIS*AION

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay double surprises for me today! You did a great job recapping the reunion. It really was fantastic! Brian and I are really going to have to redeem ourselves with the talent next time. You guys all rocked it! I loved all the pics. The Lindsay and Dallin one was pretty darn cute. I'll have to get that picture of Rian from ya with the curly hair. haha. I love you guys and I miss you and those kids! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you did this! Yeah for your family ;) How fun! And, this is totally random, but I still remember a talk Tyler gave in church once where he talked about the Olympic Theme : Citius Altius Fortius and it's meaning Faster Higher Stronger! I don't remember the rest of the talk, but I remember that part! It very well may be the one thing I distinctly remember learning at church ;) So, I guess the Olympic Theme runs through all of you! So cool and such fun ideas! It made me smile to read and see these fun pictures! Kinda wish I could've been a fly on the wall . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like soooo much fun!! I do love to visit Salt Lake, I know now that I could never live there again, but it is a fun place. Wasn't the copper mine amazing, I want to take D and the kids there sometime...I haven't been there forever. I bet Tanner LOVED it there!!
    Your kids are adoreable in their first day of school pics. Is Tanner just dying to go to school?? Lexi will walk all the way out to the bus stop with the kids and she wants to go so bad. :) Oh, and I loved the picture of Brad, so funny, Brad you should just be glad that Jam doesn't want to take your picture every year!! :)
    Love you guys!!!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete