Sunday, July 12, 2009

Matthews Family Reunion

Our 4th of July weekend was spent in Paris, Idaho for the Matthews Reunion. It's always so fun to get together with everyone, play games, let the cousins play, eat YUMMY food, and just have a great time. We missed Brad's younger brother, Adam, and his family; he's in podiatry school and wasn't able to come home, but they called everyday and gave us some great news...they're expecting their 2nd baby next March. Congrats Krista and Adam!

I apologize in advance for the amount of pictures in this blog...but how do you decide, they're all so cute.


Our family picture at the parade. Don't you love the tie-dyed shirts....we made them! Don't ask about mine....shirt too small, looked a little "iffy"..../clearing throat, better to not subject the public to something like that.....yikes.

Matthew, Michael, Brad, and little Ellie

Mom and Dad Matthews in the background...

...the whole reason the kids go to the parade...CANDY!

I love this picture! My little Meagan just chillin with Grandma Arnell.

What a sweetie!

The whole gang....at least for the cousins. Notice Ellie's face...tears and all.

I know, its kinda hard to see, but Brad's siblings and their spouses (yes, me included) performed at the 4th of July Patriotic Program. It's held every year inside the Tabernacle. Brad's Mom directs the choir...she does an amazing job. They sounded great!

One of the reunion activities was to make jewelry. It was so much fun, and all the bracelets and necklaces turned out so cute.

Just a cute picture of Austin...I wish I had one of all my nephews.

More jewelry photos.

Ellie is actually smiling while someone (other than me) is holding her. She was such a stink that weekend.....MAMA'S GIRL!

The crew that went through Minnetonka Cave. Very, very cool!

Enjoying the outside movie...Pink Panther 2.....the kids were laughing uncontrollably!

How can you have a family reunion and not (at some point) roast some mallows! Delish! Matthew, Kyle, me, and Tanner

Did I say Delish?!

....YUM!

Tanner and Cydnee playing trucks.....over and over and over!

Ellie and Maddie

Isn't she adorable...Brooklyn.

Abbey and Linds

Cydnee...what a cutie!

Look at that smile from Kayden!

Okay, you knew I couldn't resist just one picture of my Ellie Belle!

yeah, Tanner totally loved the wave runner! Look at my man and his "Farmer Tan...on my neck and arms, Farmer tan the secret of my charm. Every girl wants a man with a Farmer's tan!" (VoiceMale...I think) Mmmm, I love me some Brad!

Brad's Dad and Tanner...one funny story: Dad was getting in the canoe for a solo ride and asked Meagan to push the canoe out of the sand just a bit...she pushed a little too hard and dumped Dad right into the lake...oops. They had a good laugh!

Ah, The End!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I just loved this post! You were right about tons of cute pictures! They really were all so great!

    First of all I was laughing out loud about Meagan and Grandpa Matthews and the canoe. Hilarious! I loved your tie dye shirts, they all came out super cute! Your hair looked totally cute in that pic! Love Ellie's smile at Grandpa and her in her swimsuit. I love Tanner's face in the roastin marshmallows pic and I'm also glad he has a cousin to play trucks with. hehe. What fun cousins they all have. Brad's family is sure terrific! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend and we LOVED every single picture. But how could you narrow it down? They were all so cute.
    Still laughing about Meagan pushing her Gpa into the lake. Ha ha ha...too funny. I wish I could have seen his face as he slipped into the water. Love the 'Ellie Belle' picture in her cute suit. And I love the pic of Abbey and Linds at the lake. What fun cousins. What an awesome weekend. Glad you could get away...even though we missed you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! I can't believe how big your family has gotten! And so grown up! I don't hardly recognize any of you! :) Too funny about the canoe! I bet that was a riot! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific family reunion! I loved each picture and the shirts were awesome. Ellie's swimsuit is adorable :) What a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. Great pictures of the 4th and Bear Lake. SOOO many little one's in the Mathew clan these days... wow! Can barely keep them straight. Such cute pictures, your family is adorable. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great memories. We just got back late last night. I miss it already. Good thing we have pictures and journals to remind us of all the memories we may forget. Your family is very cute!

    ReplyDelete