Wednesday, April 6, 2011

a little more

Meagan started piano lessons this year and is doing awesome!  I'm so proud of her and what she has accomplished in the last 7 months.  She had her first piano recital last week and did great.  Before we left to go to the recital, I asked her if she was nervous.  She said, "No."...and had a look on her face like, "what would I be nervous for."  Crazy.

 Meagan and her teacher, Amy

 We had a big support group there.  Thanks guys for coming!
Brad is taking the picture.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

 
L to R: Shaelee Pentz, Chelsey Stegelmeier, AJ Bateman, Rachel Johnson, Ashley (Spud) Garfield, Becca Rees, and Brad.
I still can't look at this picture without getting all choked up.  We love these girls and will miss them immensely!  These girls are Brad's seniors this year.  He became the varsity coach 4 years ago when they were freshman.....and now they're graduating this year.  They are an amazing group of girls.  They are just the kind of girls I want my girls to be like...not just in athletic ability, but all around awesome girls.  
Becca got hurt in December with a complete ACL tear.  She miraculously (and when I say "miraculously" I mean through a lot of prayer and heavenly help) recovered in 4 weeks and was able to finish the season. She is NOT a quitter and amazes us with her dedication to herself and her team.
Spud is going on to BYU with a full-ride scholarship to play basketball.  Truly an amazing young woman.  I can't tell you how much my family loves her and will miss her!  We wish her all the best.....and we'll be there cheering her on!  Go Cougs!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of Meagan! She really did rock the house. Love the group picture. Tanner looks just like you I think! And you look gorgeous, for realsies. Meagan's little friend was so cute to come!

    I never got to see the "girls" in person, but they sure do look like an amazing bunch of beautiful gals. Good luck to them! It was a good run for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she wasn't even nervous. Typical Meag to not be nervous...just another song. That's my girl! I really was so impressed at how well she rocked it out and how advanced she seemed with only 7 months behind her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan has got skills like her momma! I was so super impressed at how well she could play. Brian was too. Internet High Five to you Meagers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pics Jamie!! I haven't checked for a while so it was fun to catch up!!! I think Meagan looks so much like you...(In the Christmas pic, when you are all on your mom and dads stairs) :) I still miss you guys and wished you lived closer!!! I can't believe our kids are getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete