Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jr Jazz

Once again, Meagan participated in Jr Jazz.  This is absolutely her favorite sport. (Her Dad is only a little happy about that. lol)  She is amazing.  She really practices a lot, and not just during the season.  She's only 10 years old but can dribble the ball without looking at it while she runs down the court....and she can dribble left-handed or right-handed.  Not an easy thing to do. 

One day Meagan was watching a bball video with Brad (most of you know this but Brad is the varsity girls bball coach at the high school...so he tends to watch bball videos from time to time :)).  Anyway, I walked over to where they were watching and Brad said, "Go ahead Meagan, tell her."  She then proceeded to tell me what offensive play they were running, which player was supposed to get the ball, and what the other players were supposed to do.  My jaw nearly hit the floor!  I couldn't believe she knew all that!  Brad was pretty impressed too.  I love that she is really understanding the game, not just the skills.  (I know I'm bragging, but this is my blog and can do what I want....I'm a proud mama!)









Brad was the coach again this year.

 She played 'defense' really well.


And she's a scrapper.  That's my girl!

Another year over and done with.  Great job girls, you really improved!!!

4 comments:

  1. SO IMPRESSIVE! I didn't "get" the plays until well after graduating high school. It all of a sudden dawned on me that "OH! that's what I was supposed to be doing! DUH!" It's really a wonder I got off the bench at all. EVER.
    GO, MEAGAN, GO ;) So fun!! Can't wait to see her playin' for the Cougs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, she IS amazing! She really is so good at everything she does! Darn it I love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her athletic spunk! She's so smart and talented in this sport especially. Can't wait to watch her grow and become the next Jimmer Fredette...but girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meags got skills like her dad too! I imagine Brad just giggling with delight with Meags skill and knowledge of the game. She makes Jr. Jazz fun to watch :)

    ReplyDelete