Wednesday, April 27, 2011

happenings

In between General Conference sessions on Saturday, April 2nd, my sister Aimee's little girl Allie was blessed.  (Phew, what a sentence!)  Brennen gave a beautiful blessing and Allie was perfect.  She's such a good baby, and adorable to boot.

 Aimee, Brennen, and Allie


 4 Generations: my Mom, Aimee, Grandma Sherratt, and Allie

* * * * * *
Spring Break 2011
April 21-24 was Spring Break for us. We stayed at home, but tried to do something fun every day together. Thursday we painted Easter eggs. In the first few minutes we had managed to dump 3 cups of dye. Lovely. Who needs green and blue anyway?!  Friday we took the kids to eat at Texas Roadhouse.  Yum! 


 
Saturday we hiked to the M.  This is getting to be a fun tradition for this.  For the 10 years we've lived here, I think we've hiked to the M as a family about 7 or 8 times.  We always seem to do it in the spring.  It was a bit cold, but great for hiking.


The kids on the M.

  
 The Easter Bunny found our house again this year and gave the kids a scavenger hunt to find their baskets.  They had a lot of fun running around the house finding the next clue.

 Despite this picture, Tanner was enjoying himself. :)

 That silly Bunny, hiding baskets in Ellie's closet.  The kids thought it was so cool.

 You'd think I could get at least one picture with Tanner and a normal smile.

After church, we went to my sister Callie's house in Woods Cross for dinner.  She cooked a yummy ham and there was lots of great salads and rolls.  And a yummy cheesecake dessert.  I love a good meal!  The kids had fun playing together and the adults had fun sitting around talking and laughing.  Thanks for having us Callie and Brain...and baby Liv!
 And we couldn't leave these pics out.......haircut time!  After Meagan saw the movie Tangled, she wanted to get a haircut like Rapunzel.  I think it turned out adorable!  And she was so excited to go to school this morning.  Linds kept her hair long, but still cut about 3 inches off the bottom.  I love these chicks!


Hope you had a great spring break/Easter!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE HAIRCUT! It turned out so adorable and fits Meag's spunky self perfectly! Love. Love. Love.

    I'll have to hike to the M one of these times. Seems like a fun outing. I love Ellie's face in the family pic one. And of course Tanner's silly expressions in all of them. Ha ha ha.

    Cute Kiddos you got! You and Brad aren't too bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love LOVE the haircut! My jaw drop from utter cuteness. It is so Meag. I love it. Linds is so pretty as always too!

    Tanner is looking nifty in the new PJs. And everytime Ellie smiles she just is so sweet. You'd never believe that little girl could pull attitude.

    Cute post, cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a little mini Rapunzel! How cute is she?! She is such a gutsy gal. :) I love that Linds likes to keep things the same.

    Really cool picture on the "M"! Um, who took the picture? A great tradition for sure! I'd like to come one time.

    Your kids are looking grown up! Wow! Your family is the cutest! Thanks for a great post! I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete