Wednesday, December 1, 2010

festive

I like seeing what other people's homes look like all decorated.  Whether it's all fancied up for Christmas or just the regular everyday stuff, I like to sneek a peek. 

This is the first year I've had my own tree.  At least I feel like it's all mine. :)  I wish I had about triple the amount of ornaments and a ton more ribbon, but oh well, that's what the day-after-Christmas sales are for, right?

 I sewed the Nativity pillows a couple of years ago at a Super Saturday, and they're still one of my favorite decorations to put out.

 I love my stockings too.  I love how the sequins twinkle in the light of the Christmas tree when its nighttime and the tree lights are the only lights on.




 And I couldn't forget my growing collection of Christmas books and adorable snowmen.

 My rod iron decoration makes a perfect Christmas card holder.  By the end of the month it looks so fun with cards and pictures from our loved ones and friends.  And the cute snowmen dishes that I bought a couple of years ago.

And I couldn't leave out the family tree.  This tree has no theme to it, just random decorations that we've collected as the years have passed.  I couldn't get my camera to focus on it, and not the mess behind it.  This tree is freshly cut down from up in Bear Lake.  This year Brad had to hike through hip deep...and sometimes waist deep snow, and FREEZING cold temps, to bring us back this beauty.  We thought at first it was going to be a bit on the "charlie brown" side, but it turned out really pretty and full.  Not to mention it makes the basement smell so delicious!

Happy Holidays to you all!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for your own Christmas tree! Every mom needs her own tree I think. :) I loved the Merry Christmas in it. Brad did a superb job on finding the perfect family tree. Seriously though...waist deep snow?! Now that is dedication! I'm thinking our family needs to have a real tree too. I always love your little Bear Lake/tree tradition. I am in love with your handmade stockings, a little jealous too. I should pay you to sew mine. Oh your house is so Christmasy and cute. It makes me want to sit on your sofa with a blanket and hot chocolate and let your kids entertain me for hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your" tree looks beautiful and fabulous! They have glittered red and gold ornaments at walmart right now for $1! Mom just bought some. But I love that MERRY CHRISTMAS one in it. How fun!
    Stockings--ADORABLE! Gives me an extra push to finish this next one BEFORE the baby arrives.
    Your house looks super cute and festive and I love your decorations. I particularly like the shelf above your couch with the nutcrackers. I was thinking just yesterday that I need to start collecting those like mom.
    And last but not least--your FAMILY tree! I love it! It has a great green color and looks super fun and festive. Kaylee and I will have to come and see it in person sometime. She loves looking at the "pretty lights".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sneak peaks at everyone's houses too! Yours looks PERFECT ;)
    Merry Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny Jam, we did the same thing this year....last year I bought a fake pre-lit tree to put in the front room and I decorated it myself :) :) Then the other BL tree will be for the kiddos to decorate. I loved seeing your Christmas stuff...very nice. I loved your stockings too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorated home Jamie. Those stockings are amazing. I've always wanted a "fancy" tree, but I love my kid's tree with all the odds and ends. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally jealous that your house is all Christmased! And your trees turned out beautiful--each has their own personalities and things I love. Can I pay you to finish my stockings?!?!

    ReplyDelete