Saturday, December 11, 2010

change

Big changes at our house.  We FINALLY got bunk beds for the girls.  They have been waiting for almost 2 months but it was worth the wait.  They were sooooo excited as we set them up.  



We took the crib down this afternoon and Ellie will get the double bed the girls were sleeping in.  She looks so tiny in that big bed!  When I told her we were going to get her a big girl bed, her whole face lit up.  Big eyes, big smile and she started jumping up and down.  I guess she was ready?!

Good change for Ellie, but a little harder for the girls.  Let me explain.  About 20 minutes after they'd gone to bed, Lindsay and Meagan came up to our room.  Lindsay spoke up and said, "Mom, Meagan is crying because she misses having me in the bed with her."  Ahhhh.  They really do love one another.  I gave Meagan a big hug and told her that I knew how she felt......change is hard for me too. 

And to think we were going to give Ellie and Lindsay the bunk beds and Meagan her own room?!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray that the beds finally came :) So touching about Meags and Linds! That is so awesome that they are such good buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sweet of Meagan. And I thought it would be the other way around. The beds are SUPER ADORABLE! I love them. So glad was ready for the big switch. Change IS hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh how sweet are they?! Who knew Meagan had a big softie heart for Linds? :) I had totally forgotten about the beds. They look great and I'm a little jealous. I always wanted one! Love the picture of Ellie. It looks like she is already planning mischief in that big bed of hers. hehe

    ReplyDelete