Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ramblings

It's been a little crazy around here. The end of school is near, the weather can't decide if it wants to be spring or winter, soccer is winding down, basketball camp is in the forefront, Tball is exciting and hilarious, my back hurts from weeding and gardening, a dance recital is almost here, a family reunion is just around the corner, and if I'm being honest, a few TV shows have been watched:)

In just 2 short weeks, Brad and I (and my parents and siblings and spouses) will be hanging out in the gorgeous Hawaii sunshine! To say we're excited is a huge understatement.......we can't wait!!!! Brad's sister and parents are watching the kids for us, and we are so grateful for that. We'll miss the kids (probably.....at least we should.....cause it would be horrible to say we'd be glad to get away for awhile and not worry about getting dinner, refereeing arguments, listening to whiney, ornery kids....you get my drift). I seriously cannot wait!


Don't mind out neighbors stuff in the background, but our garden is planted, and with many fingers and toes crossed, we hope we'll get a good haul this year. Brad becomes "Crazy Brad" when it comes to corn....although it's not in the pictures, we have 6, yes I said 6, rows of corn. I think he wants to feed the ward this fall! lol


I'm not much of a green thumb (really I'm not, we've killed a couple trees since we've lived here) but I do like to try. At least with flower pots. They usually don't get weeds!:)


I can't wait for them to get big and explode with color!



My front door flower pot is always a little tricky. It faces the west so it is shaded all day until the late afternoon and then it just bakes from the sun. I'm trying a new plant, the big poky green thing in the middle. Hopefully it does well.


On Monday evening I was in my room folding laundry and could hear that every car that passed our house was honking. Hmmm, kinda weird, but we do live in a friendly place. I could hear the kids out front playing, but just kept folding laundry. I finished a load and went to check on them....this is what I found: The three oldest sitting on the grass with their knees scrunched under their t-shirts and my youngest with her pants off. I had to smile.....it's something I would've done on a warm summer evening too. (When I was a KID....not an adult....and definitely with my pants ON!):)




I mentioned that Tball has started. Oh the joy of 4 and 5 year olds! I was a little impressed with Tanner. Most of the kids (if they weren't up to bat) were playing in the sand, talking to friends, or staring off into lalaland, but he was "knees bent, mit ready, and eyes on the ball", the ENTIRE game! He had the biggest grin on his face too. I love me some Tanner!






Ellie has been a little Snow White-obsessed as of late. Its kinda cute.

This post seems a little "my kids are awesome" (puffing out my chest with pride) and all that, but we have our rough times too. Heaven only knows....and I'm sure my neighbors have heard a few naughty words being said. :o
Hope you are all getting ready for summer and enjoying the warm weather (about 50% of the week)!
Anyone have any cute ideas for end-of-the-year teacher gifts?

10 comments:

  1. Have such a great time in Hawaii!! Love that place! I bet Brad is SO.EXCITED to have his little Tanner to play sports with...I can only imagine! Always fun to catch up...have a fun time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie your pots look so good! You are like Mom Jr. with those flowers and that garden I am SO JEALOUS! Corn is delicious but it always creeps me out to husk it because I hate those worms that sometime get in them..I'm shuddering just typing about it! Having a garden is one thing I am most excited for when Brian and I get our house.

    Oh and PS your kids are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Callie.....husking is gross. That's why Brad picks it and the kids husk it! Can't beat that system. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with all your gardening skills. Our little 2 foot garden is overcome with weeds. I had a little boy over the other day and he said "WOW you really have alot growing in your garden. What did you plant" They were just weeds I sadly had to tell him. Come teach me some tips. Your kids are so cute. I love to read up on you guys. Have fun in Hawaii!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post! Love the kids on the lawn getting everyone to honk! Your kids are too cute, I still can't believe how big they are! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin this post! You are now excused for being absent from blogging for so long! :) I am so jealous of your garden and I really hope one day my garden looks exactly like yours....6 rows of corn and all!!!

    I am not at all surprised that Tanner is a whiz out there on the ball field! That smile of his is so heart melting!

    You should be a proud mama because your kids really are that awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are so cute and funny!!!
    T-ball is super fun for the first child but after you have had two years of t-ball you think you might go crazy :):)
    Jealous of your planted garden, I better not tell D yours is done and ours isnt... hehehe
    HAve a blast in hawaii, I bet your sister is so excited that you are all coming over!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous garden and pots. I like the new spiky one you are trying out for the front.
    Your kids ARE TOTALLY AWESOME! I remember turning into statues when cars would drive by--like they couldn't tell. ha ha ha. What goof balls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh the statue game! Good one Aim....good one. Or what about hiding from the cars at night by our big rocks out front?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is amazing!! I miss Utah weather...the hot summers where you can grow loads of things in the garden. You look like you have a green thumb to me!

    ReplyDelete