Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spelunking and other adventures

These headlamps have been a favorite toy for the kids....and me when I'm reading in bed at 3am and can't sleep. Ellie somehow managed to get this one on right and was all smiles. She immediately walked towards the bathroom (darkest room with no window) so she could see her "light."




I left Ellie sitting on this rocking chair in my room while I jumped in the shower. Apparently, watching "her show" isn't nearly as fun without treats. She went downstairs to the kitchen, climbed onto the table, and grabbed the cereal that I hadn't gotten around to putting away yet. Then she marched herself right back up to the chair to watch her "show."


These last two pictures just kill me! She walked over to me this morning and in a very serious voice said, "Potty." Then she started pulling off her pants. I asked her, "Do you need to go potty?" And with her most serious face said, "Uh huh." (with a little head nod too). I figured I'd indulge her so in we walked and sat her down. Nothing. So I told her to wait right there so I could grab my camera. After all, she looked so cute sitting there. As soon as she saw the camera, she started to cheesin' it and squinting her eyes. What a kook. Then after that excitement wore off....she started getting nervous...."fall, fall?" Okie doke, we'll try again another day......or several more months! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Ellie! She never brings a dull moment. I love the squinty face smile. She is going to be potty trained in a day. Love me some Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Her smile is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did this girl come from?! You have the funniest kids I swear. The pictures are hilarious and adorable. That cheesin it face is something else! lol What a funny little girl. Love you Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hoot! Seriously she is going to be potty trained by the time she is 2! That's amazing--adios diapers!

    ReplyDelete