Tuesday, January 11, 2011

figured out

Ellie's had a "quirk" of late that has left me a bit frustrated and exhausted. 


She changes her clothes on average.....5 times a day!


Not a big deal?
Not at first.
But after a few weeks of cleaning up a million pairs of pants, shirts, and panties, I was getting annoyed with the whole thing.


Today I found out why she does this.

Our conversation went like this:

Ellie:  Mom, can I change my clothes?
Me:  No.
Ellie:  Mom, can I change my clothes?
Me:  No Ellie.  You are already dressed.
Ellie: But they're dying.
Me: What?
Ellie:  My clothes are dying and I need to get them out.

What do you say to that?

Have a happy 1-11-11!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ellie Bell! Seriously Jam, you need to get a camera crew to follow your kids around all day and capture all teh funny things they say. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH ELLIE! I'm dying with laughter here. What a character and where did she come up with that? Lols...good luck with that quirk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. She is SO funny! Well it does make sense Jam :) Good luck with that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Matthews House: Where Clothes Go to Die
    A short story by Ellie Matthews

    I'd totally read it ;)
    TOO FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!
    We are having different clothing issues with my five year old - it can be exasperating.

    ReplyDelete