Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Logan Fireworks

After a 7 year absence we finally made it back to the Logan Fireworks. I LOVE the 4th of July fireworks; always have! We made it a family get-together and celebrated with the Matthews and Arnells. My sister-in-law Steph set out blankets to save our spot earlier in the day, so we had prime viewing and a great escape route. For those of you who have been to the fireworks before you know the advantages of getting out before the crowd. ;) We brought dinner and snacks to eat while we waited. The kids spent their time running around with cousins and picking up a gazillion pinecones. I'm sure the USU grounds crew appreciated them! Everyone enjoyed watching the fireworks and Ellie screamed with pleasure! She was a hoot.

Mom, Dad, and Brad smiling for the camera; and Ellie....going back for another cookie!


Tanner was in heaven with so many boys to play with!

Lindsay and Ellie

Just a few of my adorable nephews :) Austin, Cody, and Matt (holding Tanner)


Ellie, usually so shy (let's be honest...grumpy), with her cousins, had a few rare moments and decided to hand out a few...actually, a LOT, of kisses to Matt!


Jessica and Meagan being silly


You can just barely see the beginnings of the black eye he got while running around in the dark....and ran into another cousin...go figure.


My camera has a "Fireworks" setting, so I tried it out:




During the finale we just sat there with big smiles on our faces! Who doesn't love fireworks?! They're so cool. Happy Birthday America!


5 comments:

  1. Those firework shots were cool! I do love this holiday. I'll have to make it up to Logan next year for sure! Cute pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some fireworks! What a day to get your first shiner :) What a tough duck that Tanner is. It looked like a "blast" of a good time.

    Whatever you know I am lame so don't pretend to be surprised by my humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your camera works awesome for firework pictures!!! It was so fun to be there with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was rainy here so our 4th was a bit gloomy, but I'm glad you had a good one! We will be there with you all not next year but then the next one, if we are not in UT for the "Stadium of Fire." We'll just be happy to be with family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO wish we could've have come. It seemed amazing..especially with your prime seats. Next year?

    ReplyDelete