Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hawaii Part II

I may or may not have mentioned that we went to the Big Island of Hawaii......Hawaii. It was a Christmas present from my parents to all their kids.....THANK YOU! We flew into Kona on the west side of the island. Everything is very dry and not at all what you'd picture Hawaii to be like. But its beautiful in its own way. There are old lava flows everywhere, the mountains are gorgeous, and the beaches are amazing. This post I'm going to focus on the resort we stayed at....the Hilton Waikoloa. Awesome!




The resort had a man-made beach area that connected to the ocean so we tried our hand at snorkeling. It was a little murky, but we still had fun.


My husband the jokester.......nice pose! Brian Daniels and Brennen are behind us.


Me and Cami trying it out with Rian in the middle.....we quickly went back to shore. :)


Beautiful Hawaiian sunrise. With the 4 hour time change we were easily awake by 5:30 or so in the morning.....but dead on our feet by 9:30 at night!
The view from our room


I took this picture from the inside of our rental van.......ha ha ha, the jokes on you guys that said I couldn't get a decent picture while driving! So there. :)
These are old lava flows that cover both sides of the roadways and go on for miles. So cool!!



Rian, my niece, being super funny in the car. She'd do crazy things so I'd take a picture, and then she'd want to see what she looked like in the camera. I miss her!


Our roomies: Brennen and Aimee
We had so much fun with them in our room. Believe it or not, we were so tired at the end of the day, we never once stayed up to talk or play games. Whodathunk?


More of the view from our room. Also the place were we snorkeled and rode the bike things (no idea what they were really called). If you look closely at the top of the picture is where the ocean feeds into the resort.


Our first morning there....and on our way to the BEST breakfast bar you'll ever eat at! Seriously, so delicious! The flower I've so stylishly added to my ensamble....plumeria. The scent that reminds you of Hawaii......mmmmm, yum!!!!



The black stuff is lava rock and the white stuff is coral. The two yayhoos in the pic....don't know about them ;)


Can you believe this resort......gorgeous! I never got a picture of the pool, but it was enormous. It had a couple waterfalls in it and a waterslide too....it was fun:) You're never too old right?




"Under" the waterfall
* * *
Can't wait to show you the beach and our snorkel tour!...

5 comments:

  1. You took some really good pictures! Seriously you are now in charge of documenting my daughters life via pictures too. :)

    Seeing that sunrise made me wish that I would be that awake back home at a decent hour but still would go to sleep at 9:30.

    PS this is Callie abut I am too lazy to change the log in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey roomie! That resort was totally awesome and I want to ride those bikes again. They were really fun...except for my broken seat. ha ha ha. Love the "yayhoos" pic. Those guys are total hotties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got all those fun pictures. I sure wish I would have taken a few more! I like your camera as well...or maybe just the photographer. :) What a blast we had! Sure wish you were still here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEALOUS ;) So fun for you guys! But man, my folks better step it up in the Christmas present area!! HEE HEE! And, speaking of parents - you look SO MUCH like your mom . . . which, is one big compliment if you didn't catch it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing sleep . . . I'm sorry if the above comment sounded snotty ;) I just meant that your mom is darling, and you are darling too! You're ALL darling and none of you look any older than the last time I saw you in person - - how do you do that?! So glad you had fun, and now I'll stop before I dig a bigger hole :)

    ReplyDelete