Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Inspirations

I'm a proud mama. In January my girls entered their school's "Inspirations" contest, a celebration of the arts. Meagan (3rd grade) entered the Photography category with a collage of photos she took of Ellie. And Lindsay (2nd grade) wrote a poem, "Pickles", and entered the Literature category. Last week they both came home with a letter saying they'd recieved 2nd place in each of their categories! I was so proud of them! They held an assembly yesterday to honor the top 3 winners of each category in each grade. They both looked so cute up on the stage and were so happy when they recieved their medal.

Meagan after she'd received her medal and certificate. They didn't have the kids stay up there long enough for me to get close enough for a picture of her receiving it.


I was so impressed with Meagan's finished piece. Besides a few pointers from me on the layout, she did all the cutting, adhesive, matting, and placing by herself!

Lindsay receiving her certificate and medal. The medals have their names, grade, and category engraved on the back. Fancy shmancy!

PICKLES
Some pickles are sweet
Some pickles are sour
But I like them the same
As sniffing a flower.
* * * * *
Good work girls, we're so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. Darn it, I'm so proud too! You really do have some talented and beautiful young ladies. :) I hope they continue to pursue their cute, little creative sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS GIRLIE GIRLS! They looked very cute all dressed up and I'm so super impressed with them. I was always too scared to enter anything so 2 claps for them. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete