Monday, May 11, 2009

Ellie's 1st Birthday

Happy Birthday Ellie! I can't believe she's 1!!!! Her first year has just flown by so quickly...cliche, I know, but it is so true! We love our little Ellie to pieces! I really think she enjoyed her first birthday party and all the attention she got!

Despite the "deer in headlights" look, she really did love her stuffed animal. She really loves soft things, and kept hugging the elephant and laying her head on him. So cute! (I just looked at this photo after I posted, and noticed that Brad looks like he's asleep...he's really not, the party wasn't that boring! :)

This pic was taken the next morning, but it was so cute how much she was loving her elephant.

Ellie and Rian checking out the new toy. It was a hit!

Like I've said before, she loves soft things, and the new pajamas were no exception!

Also taken the next morning. Don't you just love the new jammies! (I'm a sucker for new jammies!)

Wanting to play with her new toy, but having to get her soft blankie out of bed with her!

Make a wish sweetie!

I loved all the "faces" we got while she figured out what exactly she was supposed to do with her cake.

"Uh, seriously Mom...you want me to put my hands in it?"

"I'm not so sure I want to get that dirty."

"Well, I guess it is soft...it couldn't hurt to try just a little."

The next photo/video is supposed to be of Ellie FINALLY getting into her cake, but since I'm techie-challenged, I didn't get the video on this post...but scroll down, it's there. Along with a cute video of Ellie walking with her new toy.

7 comments:

  1. The party was a blast. Looking at the cake makes me wish I had some right now. Such an expressive little girl with her face. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sad I missed out on the party--it looked like so much fun! I loved all of Ellie's expressions before she decided to give the cake a try LOL! But my most favorite picture of the bunch was the one where she is in her ADORABLE new jammies pushing around her walker. Her face says, "I LOVE MY NEW TOY! THIS IS AWESOME! YAY! YAY! YAY!" What a sweetheart...can't wait to see her today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!! So how did I not know you had 4?! Ellie is super cute, just like the rest of em! Your kids are getting SO big! We miss seeing you around! My blog is jewelybean.blogspot.com, stop by sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SUCH a pretty little girl! The you are special plate!!! Oh what memories that little plate holds. Gib got the same push toy when he turned 1. Isn't that funny?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, that "Thomas" post was really me! Just didn't want you to think you had ANOTHER blog stalker ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day that was! You got some super cute pics of her eating the cake. Loved em. She is such a beauty and I love her to pieces. I also love that she loves to cuddle her elephant. xoxo

    ReplyDelete