Friday, May 29, 2009

Talent Show

Lindsay's 1st grade class had a talent show today. Her teacher sent a note home last week letting parents know and to have the kids get something ready if they wanted to. Linds had decided to show a picture that she'd colored, but over the weekend (lots of girl cousins.....playing High School Musical....yada yada yada, etc. etc.) she changed her mind and wanted to sing and dance. Linds chose a song that "Gabriella" (her favorite) sings and even asked her teacher if she could wear a dress to the talent show. She was very specific when it came to hairstyle too..."I want it to look just like Gabriella's, its all the way down, and has little curls all over." She was really shy about practicing in front of me, but I finally got her to do it a couple of times. Linds also told me that she didn't want me to come and watch, "it would make me more nervous Mom." "That's okay," I told her. BUT how can you not watch your little first grader at her very first talent show?! I stood outside the door where she couldn't see me, and listened to her. She did great! When she came home from school she felt a little sad because she didn't think she'd done very well and she'd forgotten a little bit of the song. Then I told her that I had been there and I KNEW she'd been fabulous! She wasn't mad....well, maybe kinda sorta. What's a Mom to do?

This is a video of her practicing the night before:

5 comments:

  1. A STAR IS BORN :) I'd rather watch her sing that song than "Gariella" ANY day!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous girl! I'm so proud of her! I know that every girl in that classroom thought she was fabulous and wanted to be just like her! :) So cute Jam, and I totally would have gone to watch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! She did a GREAT job! I love all of her twirls ans spins. And then that voice of hers--magnificent! I hope we can get a LIVE performance sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED IT! She was so brave to do it for her school. The choreography was great, the song fabulous, overall a TOTALLY AWESOME performance :) Way to go Linds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! She sounds so beautiful!!! I love her dance moves too! She's so graceful! I just love that video! I'm glad you snuck in to see her perform it for real! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete