Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is it?...It might be...I think it is...SPRING!

Hooray for the sunshine! Hopefully spring is just around the corner, but the last few days it has felt like its already here. It has been so nice lately - we've actually been outside for more than just getting the mail. I'm not sure how long this beautiful weather will last, but we'll try to take advantage.
First off, Happy St. Patty's Day!! Ellie looks a little dazed and Tanner is giving his "say cheese" face, but we're green and mean. lol whatever!! Brad is taking the picture because he bummed out on us and didn't wear any green.

Yeah! We were able to get the stroller out and go for our first walk of the spring! Tanner kept saying, "Cheese!" and Ellie kept looking over at him. Notice he's not looking at the camera - he's got the "cheese" thing down, but looks everywhere but the camera while he's saying it. :)


Can't resist a close-up of my sweet Ellie Belle!


Tanner and I had fun today with our new kite. I went to get my camera from the house and told Tanner to stay still and not move, but he couldn't hold the string without walking at the same time, so we ended up getting the kite stuck on the roof of the house. No worries, we got it down and back in working order!


Of course it's a Lightning McQueen kite!


He was trying so hard!


Look at that grin, pure enjoyment!



8 comments:

  1. I love your posts! First off, you look SO GOOD Jam! You are so gorgeous, I know where your kids get it. :) (Not saying Brad isn't handsome of course.) I really did love the family pic, everyone's personalities shining through. You all look fab in green. Brad, thanks for taking such a nice picture.

    I miss feeling that excitement of Spring being "around the corner". I know what you mean about wanting to get outside and enjoy the sun. The kite flying looked so fun, I bet it made Tanner's day. He really does crack me up and I was all smiles looking at him flying his kite. I love the picture of him saying "cheese" and Ellie looking at him. I just LOL'd right now thinking in my head about you trying to get their attention to take that picture. hehe. Ellie is such a gorgeous little girl, love, love, love the close-up. Give them all a hug and a kiss for me. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that the "best buds" picture is so sweet of those two. They really are best buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it has taken me so long to comment. I read it when Kaylee was starving and I was yelling at Brennen, "Yeah--I'm on my way down! Comin'!" :) So I never got the chance to comment and then I forgot to come back and comment because in my head I commented about how cute this post was! LOL! ANYWAY to commenting:
    LOVE that family picture in green! It is ADORABLE! Green suits your family well and I love everyone's faces/smiles. Too cute!
    I'm so glad you actually got to finally go play outside. Isn't it so wonderful! The kite looked like so much fun and we'll have to go "flying" when Cami's up or something. That'd be awesome.
    And that close up of Ellie is to precious!
    What a cute little family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I love the green and the kite flying looked so fun. All your kids are so gorgeous. I love the pic of Meags called "meagers" you two must have made up from Sunday. Glad that she is happy again :) We are getting the other room all ready for the big sleepover next week. We are super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute family you have! You are such a fun mom and you always have the cutest posts...it just takes me a little longer to post! I have been wanting to go fly a kite and reading your posts made me want to even more. Maybe I'll have to try this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Jamie! I need your email address . . . I found something the other day that I'd like to scan and send you, just to see if you remember! For old time's sake ;) The email address I check most is amysmorgan@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok so I guess I had stalked you but hadn't left a comment yet so it wasn't an official stalking... right?? so here ya go... Ellie emailed me by the way so thanks for helping me have friends!!! and next year I think we should go to prom- dress up- make our husbands dance... the whole bit!!! hope you guys had fun chaperoning!!! see ya soon.... as soon as its warm enough to go outside hopefully huh:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I hope you all pinched Brad for not wearing green. Did he dare to go to school that way??? That was such a cute pic!!!

    ReplyDelete