Friday, May 13, 2011

Ellie turns 3

May 8, 2011
Poor thing.  Sick on her birthday.  There's like a law against that....right?  No fun at all.  I think she actually enjoyed herself, it was a fun birthday after all, but still, would've been better sans fever.

 She had been waiting all day to FINALLY open her presents.  They'd been sitting on the cedar chest....calling her name....all day long.  We had to wait until church was over and Brad was back from his BBall clinic in Vegas (boy, were we ever glad to see him!.....notice the death grip Tanner has around his Daddy.  It was a long weekend for him too with no other male around.)

 She loves Tangled.  We were pretty sure she'd be excited to get Rapunzel.

 Happy Birthday dear Ellllliiiiiieeeee!  Happy Birthday to you!

 After having a fever for 3 1/2 days, she didn't have enough "umph" left in her to blow out the candles.

Thanks everyone for making Ellie's day so special.  I wish I would've taken a picture of all her fun things, but I didn't.  oops.  She really enjoyed each and every gift!!  Thanks Mom for coming up to sit with Ellie while the rest of us went to church.

Fun things at Age 3:
**S-A-S-S-Y: This word pretty much sums her up.  She's not a mean sassy, though she can be,  but it's more of a 16 year old mentality trapped in a 3 year old body.  She can be a bit dramatic at times.
**Full of life: This girl can't sit still for 2 seconds.  She's always bouncing around or dancing.
**Loves to see the letter E and will excitedly point it out when she does.
**Loves playing with her family and friends.
**Loves putting together puzzles....and doesn't like to have help.
**Enjoys nursery at church.  The teachers get a kick out of her.  A couple of Sundays ago, I picked her up from nursery and they told me that Ellie had been talking to me on the pretend phone, "Mom, I TOLD you I was going to call you."  complete with eye rolls and exasperated voice.
**Loves to be outside swinging or riding her bike.
**Very determined and knows what she wants.  Don't even think about telling her what outfit to wear for the day.
**Very sweet.  She still likes to cuddle with me and gives kisses.
We love you Ellie!


 I took this picture a couple days later.....feeling much better, thank you.  And loving her new jammies.  Do you think they come in my size?  I want to look that cute when I go to bed. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad she had such a fun birthday even with the yucky fever. She's a super sweet sassy girl that we can't get enough of. Love her and those jammies are super cute on her. Glad she likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jammies are so cute! I love that picture of her. I miss that sassy little sis. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jam, It was so fun to see you and your cute little kids on your blog...I haven't checked it forever!! I loved the singing/dancing pics,,,so awesome!! Can't wait to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete