Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wow.  I don't have very many pictures to document Christmas Day....or Christmas vacation for that matter.  Hopefully that means that I was too busy having fun and enjoying the moment to be bothered with my camera.  And really, I think that was just the case.

I did, however, manage to take the annual "what-did-you-get-for-Christmas" picture of the kids next to their stash. 

 Meagan, 10 years
Not sure what her 'favorite' was, but she really did love everything.

 Lindsay, 8 years
The Justin Beiber doll was her favorite...and the Justin Beiber CD.  Heaven.  She was so excited when she opened the gift.  At first, she could tell it was a doll, but didn't realize 'who' it was, but when she did.....squeals of delight and a super huge smile!  The perfect reaction!

 Ellie, 2 1/2 years

 Tanner, 2 days shy of being 5 years old
I thought for sure the Nintendo DS would be his favorite, but he really liked everything.

I have to say Christmas was so much fun and super relaxing.  We (Brad and I) decided to stay at home Christmas Day this year.  We could visit family another day, but we were staying put.  We welcomed anyone who wanted to come our way with open arms.  We stayed in our jammies all day, watched 3 movies (Toy Story 3, Shrek 4, and Despicable Me), ate too much candy and chocolate, napped, played Wii, and spent quality time together.  Awesome.  Brad's parents made their annual trek of visiting their kids' and stayed for a couple hours.  It was nice to visit and spend time with them.  I think we even got Grandpa to play Wii.  My parents were planning on coming up, but my mom got sick.  Like she stayed in bed all day sick.  Not characteristic of my mom, so I knew she was sick.  :(  So we opted for visiting on the phone several times. The day (and morning) was just as magical as I hoped it would be!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely Christmas day! I loved getting to see what all the kids got. I died when you said Tanner was 5 years old! Remember when I sent that email just yesterday talking about your 4 year old Tanner? Man, it goes too fast. :) Glad you guys got to spend quality time together this Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom picture of Tanner and Meagan cracks me up. Same face that Ellie and Kaylee were pulling in the previous post. Love it.

    I'm glad you guys had such a great Christmas. We missed you that day but TOTALLY understand staying at home with your family and enjoying it just as a family.

    Glad Santa found his way to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay's got the Beiber Fever!! What a great day to spend together as a family. I love Jammie days too! Your family is totally adorable and I just want to pinch Tanner's cheeks all day.

    ReplyDelete